30 Mar Employee Highlight: Brandon Saner
- What is your title? Project Manager
- Years with TCG? 2
- What does your job entail? My job is to take a project that has been awarded to TCG and build it to completion. This entails buying out subcontracts, issuing a project schedule, working with the design team through RFIs and submittals, scheduling subcontractors to complete their work, issuing change orders, scheduling inspections, budget control, and invoicing.
- What is a typical day like? My typical day starts off by visiting all of my projects to make sure the subcontractors that were scheduled are there, ask them if they have any questions or concerns, and work through what they need. After everything seems to be moving to plan, I will work in the office for a few hours on subcontracts, submittals, material purchasing, scheduling, invoicing, etc. to help project to stay on track. I will then run back out to sites and check progress and ask subcontractors again if they need my assistance with anything.
- Favorite memory at TCG? Christmas Party 2019 and Golfing with the Boss (many more memories to come!)
- Common questions you get from vendors/subcontractors? When do you need the material? Where is the material? What am I supposed to do here? Can you get me…? When do you want me to start?
- What do you like most about your job? I like the different personalities that I get to work with. I love seeing a plan come together to complete a project. I like the challenge of thinking outside the box to complete a task or overcome an obstacle. I like that no one project is the same as another.
- Where are you from? Juniata County, PA now live in Marlton, NJ
- Where did you go to school? Juniata High School, Shippensburg University, and Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology
- Hobbies? BBQ by the pool, hosting friends and family, playing the drums, fishing
- Fun fact that people do not know? For 10 years of my life I was a dairy farmer.